Tuesday, 3 January 2017

对SRC案调查感挫折? 反贪特组主任提早退休 / Top MACC man opts for early retirement, allegedly frustrated over SRC case

对SRC案调查感挫折 ?
反贪特组主任提早退休

作者 / 来源:《当今大马》

发表于 2017年1月3日 上午10点48分     更新于同日 中午11点49分 


反贪会特别行动组再传人事异动。曾领衔调查SRC国际公司案的反贪会特别行动组主任巴里(Bahri Mohamad Zin)在上周五提早退休,比原定的退休年届提早了整整2年。

巴里今年58岁,曾任职反贪会的前身,即反贪委会,服务至今30年。

巴里任职的反贪会特别行动组,成立于2010年,专司调查重大的案件,如涉及政治人物或贿金超过100万令吉的案件。

巴里曾主导调查SRC国际公司案,该公司乃是一马公司的子公司,涉嫌把4200万令吉转入首相纳吉的个人银行户口。

2015年7月初,《华尔街日报》与《砂拉越报告》踢爆26亿门事件。一家英属维京群岛公司Tanore Finance Corp把总额6亿8100万美元汇入纳吉账户。接着,一马公司前子公司——SRC国际私人公司通过两轮转手,将4200万令吉转入纳吉账户。

不过,纳吉由始至终坚持,自己并未涉及舞弊。

未出席离职欢送会

据悉,巴里选择提早退休,可能是对SRC国际公司案的结果感到挫折。

亲近巴里的消息人士向《当今大马》透露,反贪会在上个月为巴里等离职员工举行离职欢送会,但是巴里并没有出席。

“他为那个案件的结果感到沮丧。他为马来西亚人感到歉疚。过去类似的案件在法庭曾被定罪。”

《当今大马》曾联系巴里寻求回应,惟无法联系上。目前还未知道是谁接任巴里的职务。

特别组六人遭调职

反贪会特别行动组之前传出将面临缩编命运,之后又传出其6名资深官员遭调离

据悉,这些被调走的官员都曾直接参与SRC国际公司的调查,其中包括特别小组的副主任陈江使(Tan Kang Sai)。

这意味着,反贪会特别行动组的主任和副主任两个职位已经悬空。

在这之前,反贪会前主席阿布卡欣已于去年7月杪离任,至于副主席苏克里也在同一天退休。阿布卡欣之后到玛拉工艺大学法律系院任职,直到他2020年12月6日的法定退休年龄为止。

反贪会遭警方搜查

两年前,反贪会调查SRC国际公司案时,曾引发连串事件。警方在2015年8月上旬大阵仗逮捕多名反贪会官员,甚至搜查反贪会特别行动组办公室,以调查涉嫌泄密案。

巴里当时频频通过媒体,向警方呛声,成为新闻人物。

巴里和反贪会策略通讯组主任罗海扎(Rohaizad Yaakob)在事后被调职到首相署,结果引发外界激烈批评,指政府企图干预有关SRC国际公司案调查。

巴里和罗海扎随后被恢复职务。反贪会在2016年年初也向总检察署递交有关SRC国际公司案的调查报告。

总检长指纳吉清白

不过,总检察长阿班迪在2016年1月宣布,纳吉在“捐款案”与“SRC案”都没有犯法,因此指示反贪会结束调查。

阿班迪当时也说,没有证据显示,纳吉在内阁会议当中滥用首相职权,对公务员退休基金局向SRC国际公司借出40亿令吉贷款一事,批准政府担保。

他续说,根据现有的证据,纳吉并不知道4200万令吉从SRC国际公司账户,转入其私人户口。


Top MACC man opts for early retirement,
allegedly frustrated over SRC case


Published  3 Jan 2017 9:17 am     Updated 3 Jan 2017 12:26 pm

A Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) investigator who played a pivotal role in the SRC International probe has opted for early retirement.

Bahri Mohd Zin, 58, who was director of MACC’s Special Operations Division retired last Friday, two years ahead of his official retirement. He had served in the MACC as well as its precursor, the Anti-Corruption Agency, for over 30 years.

The special division he headed was formed in 2010 to investigate high-profile cases, especially those involving corruption of more than RM1 million.

SRC, which was previously a subsidiary of 1MDB and now under the Finance Ministry, came under the spotlight after RM42 million of its money was found in Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's personal bank account. Najib also helms the Finance Ministry.

While MACC’s 1MDB investigations were complex and involved many overseas jurisdictions - with the attorney-general refusing to issue a mutual legal assistance to the commission to work with foreign investigators - the SRC case was clear-cut as it involved mostly local entities.

The SRC money was deposited into Najib's accounts in two transactions - on Dec 26, 2014 and Feb 10, 2015 - after being routed through two companies, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd.

Najib has reportedly claimed to be unaware about the money from SRC.

It is understood that Bahri opted for early retirement as he was particularly frustrated with the way the SRC investigations turned out.

Sources told Malaysiakini that a farewell party was held last month for Bahri and a number of other MACC staff who had retired were present, but he chose not to attend.

“He was dejected with what had happened to the case as similar cases like this had seen a court conviction in the past,” said a source close to the former director.

Bahri could not be contacted for comment. It is not immediately known who would replace him.

His retirement came after MACC former chief commissioner Abu Kassim Mohamed discontinued service as per his request, and his deputy Mohd Shukri Abdull retired last year. Abu Kassim would continue to serve as an anti-corruption service officer until his mandatory retirement on Dec 6, 2020.

Livid over police ‘harassment’

When the police investigated MACC two years ago and detained three of its investigators over purported leaks on the 1MDB investigations, Bahri was livid.

“I will find the perpetrators who are ordering the arrests. By God, I will find the perpetrators till kingdom come,” he had said when his officers were picked up by the police, and seized MACC’s equipment and documents.

Inspector-general of police Khalid Abu Bakar had then denied they were interfering with the MACC probe into 1MDB.

Bahri's outburst has resulted in him being transferred to the Prime Minister's Department along with then MACC communications director Rohaizad Yaakob. However, both were reinstated after a public outcry.

Following this, the MACC continued with its probe on SRC and submitted its recommendation early last year.

Attorney-general Mohamed Apandi Ali later cleared the prime minister on both the RM2.6 billion, which was described as a donation, and the SRC cases.

Malaysiakini reported last week that the Special Operations Division had been allegedly downsized and that six of its officers who were involved in the SRC probe were transferred out of the division.

Among those transferred was Bahri's deputy, Tan Kang Sai, thus leaving the special investigation unit without two of its top officials.

0 comments:

通告 Notification

人民之友对下届大选意见书
英巫文译稿将在此陆续贴出

作为坚守“独立自主”和“与民同在”的立场的一个民间组织,人民之友在上个月对即将来临的第14届全国大选投票,发表了一篇以华文书写的意见书,题为:投票支持"反对国家伊斯兰化的候选人": 反对巫统霸权统治!莫让马哈迪帮派"复辟"!。

这篇意见书的英文译稿,将在近期内在本部落格贴出。马来文译稿将在下个月内贴出。敬请关注!

我们希望,我们在意见书内所表达的对下届大选的立场和观点,能够准确而又广泛地传播到我国各民族、各阶层的人民群众中接受考验,并接受各党派在这次全国大选斗争和今后实践的检验。


The English and Malay renditions of Sahabat Rakyat’s opinions about next election will be published here consecutively

As an NGO which upholds “independent and autonomous” position and "always be with the people" principle, Sahabat Rakyat had released a Chinese-written statement of views with regard to the voting in the upcoming 14th General Election, entitled “Vote for candidates who are against State Islamisation: Oppose UMNO hegemonic rule! Prevent the return to power of Mahathir’s faction!”

The English rendition of this statement will be published in our blog in the near future whereas the Malay rendition will be published next month (November). Please stay tuned!

We hope that our position and views pertaining to the next General Election expressed in the statement will be accurately and widely disseminated and also examined by the popular masses of various ethnicities and social strata through their involvement in the struggle of the next General Election carried out by various political parties and their practices in all fields in future.


Akan datang: Penerbitan penterjemahan pendapat Sahabat Rakyat mengenai pilihan raya ke-14 dalam Bahasa Inggeris dan Bahasa Melayu

Sebagai sebuah pertubuhan masyarakat yang berpendirian teguh tentang prinsip "bebas dan berautonomi" dan “sentiasa berdampingan dengan rakyat jelata”, Sahabat Rakyat telah menerbitkan kenyataan tentang pandangan kami terhadap Pilihan Raya Umum ke-14 yang akan datang yang bertajuk "Undilah calon yang menentang Pengislaman Negera: Menentang pemerintahan hegemoni UMNO! Jangan benarkan puak Mahathir kembali memerintah! "

Penterjemahan Bahasa Inggeris kenyataan tersebut akan diterbitkan dalam blog kita dalam waktu terdekat manakala penterjemahan Bahasa Melayu akan diterbitkan pada bulan hadapan.

Kami berharap pendirian dan pandangan kami berkenaan pilihan raya kali ini yang dinyatakan dalam kenyataan tersebut dapat disebarkan dengan tepat dan meluas untuk diuji dalam kalangan rakyat semua bangsa semua strata sosial melalui penglibatan mereka dalam amalan pelbagai parti politik dalam pertempuran pilihan raya umum kali ini mahupun masa depan.

Malaysia Time (GMT+8)